Intermittent Fasting, What Is It?
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern where you cycle between periods of eating and fasting.
There are many ways to do intermittent fasting, but the most common way is to eat your normal diet for five days a week and then cut calories drastically on two non-consecutive days a week.
Some people also choose to fast for 24 hours every other day or do a modified fast by only cutting calories by 30%.
How to Begin an Intermittent Fasting Diet
Intermittent fasting is a term that has been thrown around a lot lately. The concept is simple: you eat food for a certain amount of time and then abstain from eating for a certain amount of time.
There are many different ways to do intermittent fasting, but the most popular one is what’s called the 16:8 method. This means that you only eat during an 8-hour window and fast for 16 hours every day. You can choose to eat during any 8-hour window, which means that you can do it at any time of day or night as long as it fits into your schedule.
One thing to keep in mind when doing intermittent fasting is that it’s not recommended if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have diabetes or hypogly
Tips & Tricks for Getting Over the Hump of Starting an IF Regimen
The first couple of days are always the toughest. You're not used to feeling full and satisfied, so you'll often find yourself thinking about food. This is where your willpower will be tested.
There are a few things you can do to make it easier on yourself:
- Keep healthy snacks in your desk or car so that you don't have to go out in public and risk temptation.
- Plan ahead for what you're going to eat when hunger strikes. Try having a healthy item that's easy to grab ready and waiting in the fridge or freezer like a salad, sandwich, or frozen meal.
- Stay busy with activities outside of work so that your mind doesn't dwell on food all day long.
5 Reasons Why You Need to Start Doing Intermittent Fasting Today
Intermittent fasting is a dieting technique that is becoming increasingly popular. It has many benefits and there are many reasons why one should start doing it. This article will discuss 5 reasons why you need to start doing intermittent fasting today.
1) Intermittent fasting can help you lose weight
2) Intermittent fasting can improve your health and make it more robust
3) Intermittent fasting can help you live longer
4) Intermittent fasting may improve brain function and protect against age-related cognitive decline
5) Intermittent fasting may reduce the risk of certain diseases